Interim Report – January to March 2021
May 14, 2021
Affibody Medical AB (publ) (“Affibody” or “the Company”), a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™, today issued its First Quarter Report for 2021.
- Revenue for the 1st Quarter 2021 amounted to SEK 15.2 (9.6) m
- Operating result for the quarter amounted to SEK -91.9 (-58.2) m
- Net result for the quarter amounted to SEK -93.2 (-58.9) m
- Cash flow for the quarter amounted to SEK -94.6 (-78.4) m
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period amounted to SEK 41.3 (296.4) m
Significant Events during the Reporting Period
- On February 10 2021, Affibody AB and Inmagene Biopharmaceuticals announced that the U.S. FDA has cleared izokibep (ABY-035) to proceed to Phase 2 clinical development in Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), a subset of Axial Spondyloarthritis (axSpA).
- On March 9 2021, Affibody AB and Inmagene Biopharmaceuticals announced that the U.S. FDA has cleared the novel interleukin-17 (IL-17) blocker izokibep (ABY-035) to proceed to Phase 2 clinical development in non-infectious intermediate, posterior, and pan-uveitis.
Significant Events after the close of the Reporting Period
- On May 3 2021 Affibody Medical AB (publ) received a SEK 100.0 m loan from its major shareholder Duba AB, a subsidiary within the Investor group.
Affibody is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with a broad product pipeline focused on developing innovative bi- and multi-specific next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
The company operates a focused experimental medicine model and currently has two clinical stage programs. The first is a therapeutic program that targets psoriasis. The second program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
Affibody AB is a holding of Patricia Industries.
Further information can be found at: www.affibody.com