We are looking to recruit a bioinformatician/LIMS-developer. The location is at our newly established premises in Solna and the position will report to the Principal Scientist, Head of Lead Generation.
The role in general
The Bioinformatician/LIMS-developer will focus on improving, extending and maintaining the Affibody in-house LIMS-system as well as extracting and analyzing aggregated data on Affibody® molecules from the LIMS-database and other sources.
The role will also serve as a bridge between other functions and various IT subcontractors. He or she will work closely with molecular biology scientists and other functions within the company to implement user focused solutions to data handling and storage. He or she will be responsible to keep up to date and monitor trends and development within the relevant fields to ensure updated knowledge concerning methodological and technological developments that can benefit the company.
As bioinformatician your main responsibilities include:
- Independently plan and implement new functionality in the Affibody LIMS-system while meeting specified timelines and objectives
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation of the Affibody LIMS-system and related computer resources
- Responsible for contacts with IT subcontractors and being a key person in technical discussions
- Keep up to date with trends, methods and developments within relevant areas of system development and data analysis
- Writing user instructions/SOPs for end users
The right candidate fulfills the following qualifications:
- MSc or higher education in Bioinformatics or another relevant field such as Molecular biology or Computer science
- Qualified experience from work with database systems for storage and handling of sequence and other molecular biology data, preferably Oracle PL/SQL
- Extensive experience in system development and computer administration
- A solid understanding of molecular biology
- A solid understanding of computer systems at all levels, both software and hardware as well as system management and software solutions.
We are looking for a person with a genuine interest to seek knowledge and learn as well as with an ability to analyze, absorb and generate new ideas in order to solve problems and deliver innovative solutions. We believe you are driven, able to take initiatives, results oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability, working well both independently as well as in teams.
To be successful in the role you further need to be service minded with a good ability to take the perspective of the users, to understand and effectively communicative with different groups of competences and functions. You have the ability to communicate, document and present in English.
We will interview candidates from end of August 2020 and continuously, and welcome your application today!
Please send your application (CV and a note on why you think this is your next step) to email@example.com. Please note that applications will be reviewed and handled from mid-August 2020. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Principal Scientist, Head of Lead Generation, Elin Gunneriusson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affibodys latest Press releases
Affibody in short
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Upcoming reports Financial calendar
- Interim Report January to March 2020 (May 15, 2020)
- Interim Report January to June 2020 (August 21, 2020)
- Interim Report January to September 2020 (November 13, 2020)
- Year End Report 2020 (February 2021)