Research Engineer Lead Generation
We are looking to recruit a research engineer to Affibody’s lead generation group. The location is at our newly established premises in Solna.
The lead generation group, currently consisting of 12 employees, is scientifically and technically responsible for the recombinant DNA technologies used in phage display selection and ELISA based screening of Affibody® molecules from large combinatorial libraries, including design of maturation libraries, cloning, sequencing and sensor-based characterization of binding kinetics. This includes responsibility for supporting the internal research process with development of new AffibodyÒ molecule candidate drugs, as well as supporting Affibody’s development projects with sensor-based characterization of samples for IND-enabling activities. The work is conducted in close collaboration with other relevant groups at Affibody.
The role in general
The role is focused on supporting the discovery process with recombinant DNA activities, e.g. cloning and sequencing.
As research engineer in the lead generation group your main responsibilities include:
- Independently plan and execute experiments, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Plan and perform experiments for cloning of Affibody® molecules
- Design and order primers for PCR runs
- Design and QC constructs ordered from different contract labs
- Plan and perform Sanger sequencing
- Construct large combinatorial phage display libraries of Affibody® molecules
- Keep track of and maintain order of restriction enzymes, stocks of primers and cloning vectors
- Log and keep track of constructs in the internal database
- Writing SOPs for molecular biology methods
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timeline
The right candidate fulfills the following qualifications:
- Degree from an academic program within Life Science, e.g. Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Scientist (Swedish: BMA) or similar
- Hands-on experience from laboratory work with recombinant DNA technology, preferably in an industrial setting
- Experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analyzing data from scientific research
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience from documentation in electronic lab books is an advantage
We are looking for a person with great skills and interest in practical laboratory work, with an ability to plan experiments and to draw conclusions from generated results. To be successful in the role you need to be thorough with a high ability to create and keep order. You need to have a strong sense of personal accountability working both independently as well as in teams. We furthermore believe you are driven, self-motivated and highly results oriented, and multitasking comes natural to you.
We will interview candidates from early December 2020 and continuously, and welcome your application today!
Please send your application (CV and a note on why you think this is your next step) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Principal Scientist Group Head Lead Generation, Elin Gunneriusson, at email@example.com.
Affibodys latest Press releases
Affibody in short
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Upcoming reports Financial calendar
- Interim Report January to March 2020 (May 15, 2020)
- Interim Report January to June 2020 (August 21, 2020)
- Interim Report January to September 2020 (November 13, 2020)
- Year End Report 2020 (February 2021)