We are looking to recruit a research engineer to Affibody’s protein expression group. The location is at our newly established premises in Solna. The research engineer will be part of the protein expression group, currently consisting of four employees and will be directed by the objectives and demands of the research and development projects.
The protein expression group is scientifically and technically responsible for the upstream- and midstream steps in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing of Affibody® molecules, including responsibility for supporting the internal research process with development of new Affibody® molecule candidate drugs and process development of upstream- and midstream steps, and in-process analyses. The group supports with subject matter expert competence in tech transfer to contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), for scale-up, process optimization, manufacture and supply of Drug Substance (DS) for Affibody’s projects in non-clinical, clinical-, and commercial development. The work is conducted in close collaboration with the CMC group and other relevant groups at Affibody that are involved in the internal research process and manufacturing of DS.
The person suitable for this role has a strong interest in practical laboratory work.
The role in general
The role is focused on expression of Affibody® molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline. He or she will independently plan and execute experiments, perform expression analyses, analyze data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
As research engineer in the protein expression group your main responsibilities include:
- Execute microbial transformation and prepare Research Cell Banks (RCBs).
- Plan and execute batch expression cultivations for recombinant protein production in various scales and formats, thus contributing to the Candidate Drug (CD) selection process.
- Plan and perform expression analyses (e.g. SDS-PAGE).
- Plan and execute experiments, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
- Execute documentation and report findings within given timelines.
The right candidate fulfills the following qualifications:
- Degree from an academic program within Life Science, e.g. Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Scientist (Swedish: BMA) or similar.
- Hands-on experience from work with microbial production, preferably for the production of recombinant proteins.
- A theoretical understanding of molecular biology and microbial fermentation.
- Experience from independent planning and performing of experiments, and analyzing of data is an advantage.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience from development of biopharmaceuticals is an advantage.
- Experience from documentation in electronic lab books is a plus.
We are looking for a person with great skills and interest in practical laboratory work, with an ability to plan experiments and to draw conclusions from generated results. To be successful in the role you need to be thorough with a high ability to create and keep order. You need to have a strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams. The role requires good communication and interaction skills.
We will interview candidates from October 2020 and continuously, and welcome your application today!
Please send your application (CV and a note on why you think this is your next step) to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Head of Protein Expression, Finn Dunås, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affibodys latest Press releases
Affibody in short
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Upcoming reports Financial calendar
- Interim Report January to March 2020 (May 15, 2020)
- Interim Report January to June 2020 (August 21, 2020)
- Interim Report January to September 2020 (November 13, 2020)
- Year End Report 2020 (February 2021)