Scientist with focus on ADA analysis
We are looking to recruit an Immunology/Cell Biology Scientist with focus on anti-drug-antibody (ADA) analysis to Affibody’s In Vitro Pharmacology (IVP) group. The location is at Affibody’s premises at Karolinska Institutet Campus Solna.
The scientist will be part of the IVP group, currently consisting of twelve coworkers, and will be focused mainly on immunoassay development, for the purpose of evaluating immunogenicity, and bioanalysis of pre-clinical and clinical samples.
The IVP group is scientifically and technically responsible for cell based- and/or immunoassays for i) characterization of Affibody® molecules in terms of binding/blocking capacity and function, ii) binding- and potency assays, iii) impurity profiles, iv) immunogenicity assessments, and v) pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) analyses. This includes responsibility for supporting the internal research process with development of new Affibody® molecule candidate drugs, as well as supporting Affibody’s process development, non-clinical, clinical, and post marketing activities with method development, analyses, and subject matter expert (SME) competence in technology transfer to contract research organizations (CROs) and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), including support with development, qualification, and validation by CROs and CMOs. The work is conducted in close collaboration with other relevant groups at Affibody.
The position is focused on immunoassay development for the purpose of evaluating immunogenicity (e.g., ADA), bioanalysis of pre-clinical and clinical samples, and supporting Affibody’s non-clinical, clinical, and post marketing activities with method development and analyses. The position might function as SME competence in technology transfer to contract research organizations. In this position, you independently plan and execute research, analyze data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
The Position in General
As immunology/cell biology scientist in the IVP group, your main responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute research, analyze data, and report results from immuno- and cell assays, independently or in cooperation with other group members
- Responsibility and accountability for generated results and given timelines
- Responsibility for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
- Responsibility for ADA assay development within assigned projects
- Evaluation and analysis of non-GLP, exploratory, pre-clinical, and clinical study samples
- Support method transfer to, and qualification/validation of methods at, CROs within assigned projects
- Involvement in designing assays and strategies for immunogenicity testing in pre-clinical and clinical studies
- May act as SME within ADA assay development and analysis
- Responsibility for communication with responsible persons at CROs and review of study reports from CROs
- Strive to increase the company’s knowledge within the field of immunology and cell biology, especially within immunogenicity
The right candidate fulfills the following qualifications:
- University or PhD degree in Life Sciences, e.g., immunology, cell biology, biotechnology, or similar
- More than five years of hands-on experience from work with protein analysis, ELISA, MSD-ECL, and other immunoassay platforms and cell assays, preferably in an industrial setting
- Extensive experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analyzing data from scientific research
- Experience of ADA assay development and/or analysis is desirable
- Industrial experience from development of biologics is an advantage
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework and immunogenicity assessment is an advantage
- Experience from documentation in electronic lab books is a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
We are looking for a person with a genuine interest to seek knowledge and learn as well as with an ability to analyze, absorb and generate new ideas to solve problems and deliver innovative solutions. To be successful in the position you need to have an interest in practical laboratory work as well as having a drive to implement improvements in the work processes. We believe you are driven, able to take initiatives, results oriented, and self-motivated, with a strong sense of personal accountability, working well both independently as well as in teams. The position requires good communication- and interaction skills.
In this recruitment process, Affibody is collaborating with Mpya Sci & Tech. Please submit your application no later than 3rd of July. If you have any further questions, please contract Talent Advisor Britta Granath at +46 (0)739644221 or email@example.com. Please note that we interview candidates continuously and the position may be filled before last application date.
Affibodys latest Press releases
Affibody, ACELYRIN, and Inmagene Biopharmaceuticals Announce Data from Global Phase 2 Trial of Izokibep in Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis Presented During 2022 European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology Congress
Affibody in short
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Upcoming reports Financial calendar
- Interim Report January to March 2020 (May 15, 2020)
- Interim Report January to June 2020 (August 21, 2020)
- Interim Report January to September 2020 (November 13, 2020)
- Year End Report 2020 (February 2021)