The scientist will be part of the lead generation group, and will be directed by the objectives and demands of the research and development projects. The lead generation team is one of four research groups at Affibody, and is led by a principal scientist with profound expertise in the discipline.
The role in general
The role is focused on lead generation of Affibody® molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline, and characterization of binding interactions. He or she will independently plan and execute research, analyzing data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
As scientist in the lead generation group your main responsibilities include:
- Plan and run selections of Affibody® molecules from large combinatorial phage display libraries
- Plan and run screening of generated hits with e.g. ELISA assays
- Plan and run binding characterization assays with e.g. ELISA and Biacore
- Design maturation libraries
- Plan and run maturation of leads
- Keep up to date with methods and developments within the area of molecular biology, especially design of combinatorial phage display libraries and screening methods
- Writing SOPs for molecular biology methods
- In certain cases, coordinate activities at contract labs, concerning e.g. target production, library construction, binding analyses, etc.
- In certain cases, perform pre-studies and technical feasibility studies involving literature and patent searches
- Strive to increase the company’s knowledge regarding relevant methods and targets
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
The right candidate fulfills the following qualifications:
- University or PhD degree in Life Sciences, e.g. Molecular Biology, Biology, or Biotechnology
- More than five years of hands-on experience from work with recombinant DNA technology, small scale production of recombinant proteins, ELISA and affinity measurements, preferably in an industrial setting
- Extensive experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analyzing data from scientific research
- An interest and knowledge in protein’s physiological properties, structure, and susceptibility to modifications in different environments is valuable
- Industrial experience from development of biologics is an advantage
- Experience from documentation in electronic lab books is a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
We are looking for a person with a solid theoretical background in molecular biology, ability to absorb new scientific ideas, plan experiments, and draw conclusions from generated results. To be successful in the role you need to have an interest in practical laboratory work as well as reading scientific publications and writing reports. You need to have a strong sense of personal accountability, working independently as well as in teams. You are self-motivated, driven, results oriented with good problem-solving skills, and have an analytical mindset. The role requires good communication and interaction skills.
We will interview candidates from end of August 2020 and continuously, and welcome your application today!
Please send your application (CV and a note on why you think this is your next step) to email@example.com. Please note that applications will be reviewed and handled from mid-August 2020. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Principal Scientist, Head of Lead Generation, Elin Gunneriusson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affibodys latest Press releases
Affibody in short
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Upcoming reports Financial calendar
- Interim Report January to March 2020 (May 15, 2020)
- Interim Report January to June 2020 (August 21, 2020)
- Interim Report January to September 2020 (November 13, 2020)
- Year End Report 2020 (February 2021)