The next generation biopharmaceuticals
Interim Report – January to March 2020
Affibody Medical AB (publ) (“Affibody” or “the Company”), a Swedish biotechcompany focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™, today issued its First Quarter Report for 2020.
- Revenue for the first Quarter 2020 amounted to SEK 9.6 (30.0) m
- Operating result for the quarter amounted to SEK -58.2 (-24.9) m
- Net result for the quarter amounted to SEK -58.9 (-24.7) m
- Cash flow for the quarter amounted to SEK -78.4 (10.7) m
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period amounted to SEK 296.4 (101.6) m.
Significant Events during period
- An EGM on February 17, 2020 elected José Suarez as Board member.
Significant Events after the close of the Reporting Period
- On May 15, 2020, Affibody and Inmagene Biopharmaceuticals announced a strategic partnership to develop and commercialize ABY-035, a bispecific molecule targeting Interleukin-17A (IL-17), for multiple auto-immune diseases. Inmagene will be responsible for commercialization in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau (Greater China), and South Korea, as well as development activities in the Asia Pacific region, excluding Japan. Affibody will retain global commercial rights outside of Greater China and South Korea. The partners will work together to enroll patients into global registrational trials to support Biologics License Applications (BLAs) in multiple indications worldwide. Under the terms of the agreement, Affibody will receive a $10 million upfront payment and is eligible to receive up to $215.5 million in additional regulatory
Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company with a broad product pipeline focused on developing innovative bi- and multi-specific next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
The company operates a focused experimental medicine model and currently has three clinical stage programs. The first two are therapeutic programs that targets psoriasis, and B-cell driven autoimmune diseases respectively. The third program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
Affibody AB is a holding of Patricia Industries. For more information on Affibody, please visit the company’s website at www.affibody.com
Affibodys latest Press releases
Affibody in short
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Upcoming reports Financial calendar
- Interim Report January to March 2020 (May 15, 2020)
- Interim Report January to June 2020 (August 21, 2020)
- Interim Report January to September 2020 (November 13, 2020)
- Year End Report 2020 (February 2021)